Thailand film permits, Thailand visa, Bangkok Video Productions, Thailand film productions

Filming Permits

Application Process - Thailand Film Office

Read our Terms & Conditions here

Film Permit fees. Price list.

Official Information

Foreign filmmakers are required to hire a local coordinator (company or individual) who is officially registered with the Thailand Film Office, Office of Tourism Development. Each coordinator must represent the foreign filmmaker for obtaining any necessary permits. They are also responsible for representing the film company in any matter arising both during and after the completion of shooting in Thailand. You can find a list of local coordinator in this guidebook (Production Services Section)

Once you have chosen and hired a local coordinator, they will help you compile the necessary documents to present to the Thailand Film Office on your behalf.

When a permit is granted, a Monitoring Officer will be appointed by the Thailand Film Office who is sent form the concerned government agencies to monitor and give advice at the shooting locations. He/She will apply a signed sticker to all film/tape used, confirming its content has been officially monitored. Filming is not allowed, under any circumstances, without acknowledgement of the Monitoring Officer.

A shooting permit enables foreign filmmakers to shoot in Thailand, however separate permits are required for specific locations such as National Parks. Historical Parks. All arrangements should be made as far as possible in advance of shooting dates.

Payment for the services of local coordinator is as agreed between the said coordinator and and the filmmaker. The Thailand Film Office has no involvement in this arrangement, including the setting of rates for services provided.

Note: According to the Film Act B.E. 2551(2008), any foreign filmmaker wishing to shoot film including documentary, music video, commercial, TV program and docudrama in Thailand, has to apply for permission from Thailand Film Office. OTD. Failure to seek the permission will subject violators to punitive fines and prison terms as stated in the Act.


Production companies shooting TV commercials, Documentaries, Music Videos and TV programs  should apply for permission at the One-Stop-Service Center where the process of application will be completed within 3 working days.  For other types of productions e.g. Feature Films, Docudramas, TV dramas, Mini-Series and Reality Show,  applications should be made at the Thailand Film Office at least 14 days (10 working days) in advance as script approval must be sought  from the Film Board

Applying at the One-Stop-Service Center

At the One-Stop-Service Center, you can obtain a shooting permit, permission to work, permission to film in National Parks (if needed), and permission to film in Historical Parks (if needed). The One-Stop Service application only applies to shoot lasting less than 15 calendar days, and it is not renewable.


Documents required (Original and 6 copies of each)

Process for applying at the One-Stop-Service Center

Note : When shooting is to take place in historical sites. Prior approval must be obtained from the Fine Arts Department before submission of an application for a shooting permit at the One-Stop-Service Center.

In case of change made, complete form SOP 2 for extension or reduction of schedule and cancellation or change of location. This form must be submitted at the One-Stop-Service Center at least 1 day before the shooting commences.

Updated: February 2022